This Cheeseburger Stuffed French Bread is a delicious dinner recipe filled with ground beef, onion, green pepper, mushrooms, olives, and topped with cheese.
This recipe is a family favorite. I make this quite a few times every year-I’ve been making it for over 15 years. We like to stuff french bread with lots of delicious ingredients-see our other stuffed French bread recipes: Spaghetti Stuffed French Bread, Breakfast Stuffed French Bread. One day I will post our Philly Cheesesteak Stuffed French Bread recipe, too.
Ingredients Needed for Cheeseburger Stuffed French Bread:
Green pepper, diced
Fresh mushrooms, chopped
Black olives, sliced
Campbell’s Cheddar Cheese Soup (do not add water or milk)
1 loaf French bread
Instructions for Cheeseburger Stuffed French Bread:
1. Brown ground beef in a deep frying pan. When it is nearly cooked, add green pepper, onion, and mushrooms. Cook until vegetables are tender and the ground beef is cooked through.
2. Place the French bread on a large piece of foil-on a large baking sheet. Cut the top off of the French bread and remove the soft middle. Break the bread that was removed into small pieces.
3. Add bread crumbs, salt, pepper, garlic salt, olives, and Worcestershire sauce to the meat mixture. Stir and heat through.
4. Place the meat mixture in the bottom piece of the French bread.
5. Top with cheddar cheese soup (right from the can-do not add water).
6. Place the top back on the French bread.
7. Wrap the foil tightly around the bread. I use two pieces, one on bottom and one on top. Pinch edges of foil together tightly.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until hot.
9. Remove from oven and slice. Serve hot and Enjoy!
Other Recipes You Will Love:
Cheeseburger Stuffed French Bread
A fun family dinner recipe.
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ onion diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 ¼ tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 6 ounce can black olives drained and sliced
- 10.5 ounce can Campbell's Cheddar Cheese Soup NOT DILUTED
- 1 loaf French Bread
Crumble cook the ground beef in a deep frying pan.
As it begins to cook, add the diced onion, diced green pepper, and chopped mushrooms. Cook until vegetables are tender and the meat is no longer pink.
Place French bread on a large, foil covered baking sheet.
Cut the top off of the loaf of bread and remove the soft middle.
Break the soft middle pieces of bread up into small pieces.
Add the bread pieces, salt, pepper, garlic powder, sliced olives, and Worcesteshire sauce to the meat mixture. Stir and heat through.
Place the meat and vegetable mixture in the bottom of the French bread loaf.
Top with the cheddar cheese soup. Do not dilute the soup.
Place the top of the French bread on top.
Wrap bread tighty in two pieces of foil.
Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes, until hot.
Remove from the oven, slice, serve, and enjoy!